Thursday 22 September 2011

Dinosaur in 3D Assignment

Stage 1 - Creating simple shapes and beginning the extruding of faces and  vertices

Stage 2 - Here a second extrusion and edit of the axies to make the legs of the dinosaur

Stage 3 - Here I start playing more with the shape of the whole dinosaur  to make it look more rounded and  smooth

Stage 4 - After looking at some reference material, I looked to see the Brontosaurus had a higher neck so I edited it this way 

Stage 5 - I had made too many edits at this point on the dinosaur shape and when turbo-smoothing it, a dent had appeared near the neck so I had to go back to the model to fix this part

Final Stage - Here I edited it in Polygonal mode and made it look more realistic and without the dent in the neck to make it look like this when turbo-smoothed
For the first small assignment, in Autodesk 3DS Max we had to create a Brontosaurus Dinosaur. I just wanted to show the stages that I went through for this part of my research and practice in the 3D area of games which will all help me into creating a 3D Character model for the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment