Wednesday 18 April 2012

Final 3D Model




This is my 3d model. Again with this, there are certain parts of this modelo im pleased with. The eyes look nice and I do think the cartoon feel works. I also like how I was able to make the character chubby which is better shown in my 3D Max file unfortunately. Eventhough it looks a bit sketchy on the final printout of the model, I do like the hands as I do think they at least lok like hands and look appropiate to his alien look.

Parts which really need to improve on are certain element of his face which are distorted in certain views eventhough when creating they were fine. The shoes need a lot of work. I think this is due to the reason that I didnt know how to do this properly.

To major points to mention from my inital ideas that I tihnk really brings this down. I planned on creating a jetpack based shoulder bag at end. When initially modelling, i created this but due to max failure and my bad time co-ordination, this was unable to be created again to the amount of detail of created initally. Second is the texturing. Being honest, bad time organization and lack of knowledge in some areas made this need major improvements. Apart from the face that I did change the turnaround ( this being due to not knowing how to properly use photoshop files and jpegs with the model). The textures didnt work in the end for me so I didnt create the highest quality standard I can personally create.










No comments:

Post a Comment